Processing, packaging and converting machines often have customer-specific design features that can be optimized with sub-assembly expertise. And when these machines are used for food, medical and personal care items, additional considerations must be accounted for in machine design:
- Many converting machines demand high speed, which can generate high heat. Proper servo sizing and cooling options are imperative.
- Motion sequences in applications for food, medical and personal-care items demand high levels of hygiene in production and cleaning processes. Hygienic production and machine cleanability is critical for safety.
- Processing machines of all types must allow for precision, often achieved with highly dynamic motion in a very compact space.
- High volume means high throughput, which requires quality components and design. Remote monitoring helps ensure reliability.
- Flexible and simple retooling is a must if multiple products are made on just one line -- look for highly configurable motion control components
We provide a comprehensive portfolio of drive solutions all along the production line – from processing food or medical supplies to converting raw material to finished product to packaging of goods in wet or dry areas. Our high precision servo gearboxes, servo actuators, servo motors and servo drive systems set new standards of excellence in performance.
In addition to extreme quality and precision, all our products are available in corrosion-resistant protection to withstand harsh environments. And our hygienic designs set the industry benchmark in design, offering IP69 protection for optimal cleaning and minimal dirt retention. All our hygienic gearboxes are certified to the highest industry standards, and our HDV planetary gearbox was the first in the world to earn EHEDG certification.
To start defining your motion profile, check out our sizing tools to assist with product sizing, configuration of complete drive systems. These free online tools can greatly expedite your efforts in machine design, and provide fast and simple selection of products, drawings, technical data and even direct links for quote requests.
Of course you can always contact one of our Application Engineers for troubleshooting or suggestions on your project – just send your motion challenge to our team of experts for a personalized consultation.