The active rudder pedal assembly is a combination of one integrated control loading actuator consisting of motor, gearbox and electronics, force sensors and pedal arrangement. The pedal arrangement can provide linear or rotary motion of the pedals and integrated toe brakes.
The features of the system include:
- High fidelity brushless DC motor with integrated control electronics
- Bolt down fixing to the cockpit structure
- CAN bus interface for actuator control from the System Control Module
- Linear motion
- Built-in force sensors
- Toe brake potentiometers (optional)
- Adjustable position (optional)
The following specifications are based on the standard gear ratio. Gear ratios can be changed to adjust the maximum torque to meet application requirements.